Difference between external domain transfer and internal domain tranfer (domain push)
External domain transfer
- If you want to transfer a domain to another provider you must initiate a transfer request via your new provider.
- If you want to transfer a domain to dd24 you must initiate a transfer request via the dd24 account.
Internal domain transfer (domain push)
Apart from this, it is also possible to transfer a domain internally to another dd24 account.
In such a case you do not need to initiate a transfer but you can use the feature internal transfer (domain push).
Initiate internal transfer (domain push)
To initiate the internal transfer, please log in to your domaindiscount24 account and click on the domain name you want to transfer in the domain overview.
1. Go to the Advanced tab.
2. In section Transfer
3. please click Internal transfer to account.
In the following dialog window, please enter the 8-digit customer number of the target account (1) as destination and click on start internal transfer (2).
If successful, you will be notified that the transmission has been successfully initiated.
The domain that is to be pushed is now labelled.
The label shows that the domain push has been initiated and that the domain shall be moved to another account (1).
The label is shown until the owner of the target account has confirmed the domain push.
Cancel domain push
As long as the domain push has not yet been accepted in the target account, the process can be aborted at any time via the original account.
- The domain push is free of charge.
- A domain push does not change the DNS of a domain.
- The WHOIS data is not automatically updated because of a domain push.
- Hosting packages that are connected with the domain are not transferred when performing a domain push.
- A transfer of existing hosting packages to another dd24 customer account is generally not possible.
- If neccessary, e-mail accounts and existing FTP accounts must be deleted before the push in the original account and re-created in the target account after completion.
- Please make sure that you backup the emails of your email account and the web content prior to this.