Basically, renewals can only be processed if we receive the corresponding payment in time.
If you have configured an automatic payment method for your dd24 account (such as direct debit or credit card), the domains will be renewed automatically unless you select another option in your account.
This applies also to a positive account balance that is sufficient for a successful renewal.
All domains and products are set to automatic renewal per default.
Please note: It is only necessary to change the renewal option if you want to modify the renewal period or if you want to delete the domain.
Many domains can be registered or renewed for more than 1 year (between 1 and 10 years) via your dd24 customer account.
However, there are exceptions - depending on the TLD. The available renewal options may vary:
- A .com Domain can be renewed for several years - at any time, also during the current registration period.
- Whereas .de domains can only be renewed for one year at the expiration date.
To see all available renewal options please proceed as follows:
- login into your account
- select the corresponding domain under Domains - My domains
- an overview shows the current renewal option (1)
Change renewal option
Select the Advanced tab (1) and choose the desired renewal option (2). To save the changes click the Save button.
The following renewal options are available:
- 1 year at expiration X.XX Euro (default, automatic renewal at expiration date; longer registration periods are available depending on the TLD)
- Renew immediately (availability and registration periods depending on the TLD)
- Delete at expiration
After the renewal option was successfully updated, you will receive a confirmation by email.
Per default the renewal option is 1 year at expiration. If you want to renew your domain each year, you don`t have to change the settings.
Changing the renewal option is not equivalent to a renewal of the registration period of a domain. That will be effected after invoicing and receipt of payment
As soon as we receive your payment for an open renewal invoice or if your account balance is sufficient, the renewal will be effected and you receive a confirmation email.
In some cases (reseller domain) it is not possible to change or to update the renewal settings of a domain through dd24. Then you will have to do it directly through your reseller (e. g. Google).
In case you receive a cancelation notice after your domain has expired, and if the domain is not in your dd24 account any more, please contact our support as soon as possible to find out what your options are.